Although on Pymlo, Inventory Items and Products/Services share identical setting mechanisms, we provide another grid view for easier access and more specific management.
Go to Inventory > Inventory Items for the list displayed as following.
With this view, you can directly reference their respective buying and selling prices, current quantities on hand, and real-time stock values.
- Click “Add” to create a new product.
- Select "Actions" drop down menu from a single product
- Click "Edit" to update it.
- Click "Delete" to delete it. If the inventory item is already used elsewhere (like inventory or sales/purchase documents), you will be reminded that this product is not able to be removed.
In the inventory item editor window,
- Product name: the name of product or inventory item to refer to throughout the system
- Product code: the code of product for quicker reference or search
- Description: description of the product to display on forms
- Inventory control: toggle inventory management for this product
- Inventory account: the asset account to record current value in stock
- Revenue account: the revenue account to record sales of this item
- Inventory cost account: the expense account to record cost of goods sold and production cost
- Selling price: default selling price. Can be overwritten in the income management features
- Buying price: default buying price. Can be overwritten in the expense management features
- Default tax: default tax for both sales and purchase. Can be overwritten in the income and expense management features
- Enable starting balance: enable starting stock balance recording. Details
An inventory item will be automatically marked as sellable and buyable for most of reselling cases.
You cannot disable an item's inventory control if stock transactions already exist.