After clearing bill payments, it is a good practice to record them in the system as soon as possible.
Go to Expense > Vendo Bills . Find the specific vendor bill and select "Add a payment" in its "Action" menu.
A payment edit window will pop up as follows. Enter the payment information to keep it in the book.
- Select the payment account and payment method you make the payment with.
- Specify the actual paid amount.
- You can update the actual currency rate at the time when payment occurs. This may result in gain or loss due to exchange differences.
- Click "Save" to finish payment.
The bill status will be updated as "Paid" or "Paid partially" is the bill hasn't been paid in full.
Update previous payments
- Find the bill in Expense > Vendor Bills . Open its "Action" menu and select "View".
- Select "Payments" tab sheet. Open the "Action" menu and select "Edit" to edit.