Jessica: I need to buy 100kg of squid this weekend, and now I need some way to place my order and negotiate the price with several vendors. How can I do it?
Before buying something from your vendor, you need to issue a purchase order to list all details and acceptable price to negotiate with your vendor.
This is also a good practice for both sides to keep good track of unfulfilled orders and make business management organized.
Go to Expenses > Purchase Order , click on the "New" button.
Fill the header
- An automatic PO number will be assigned. You can revise it if you need to, but it must be a unique number.
- Set "Date" of this purchase order.
- Check "Currency". Your booking currency would be set as its default value, but you can change whatever you need.
- Select a vendor. You can click "Add" to create a new vendor or "Edit" to update vendor information.
Fill the items
- Select product to buy.You can click "Add" to create a new product.
- Specify quantity/price of the products. Here Jessica wants 100kg of squid, 100 baht per kg, with VAT.
- Click "+ Line Item" to add more items to this quotation. To remove an item, click the "x" icon.
Fill the additional information
- Fill the memo if you have additional notices to your vendor
- The system will calculate the total amount for you automatically. Click "Save and send" to send it out to your vendor or "Save as draft" to keep it as a draft.