Jessica: My restaurant got hundreds of customers every day, and everyone pays by cash immediately.
To issue a sales receipt and record direct revenues, go to Income > Receipts and click on "New" button.
Fill the header
- An automatic receipt number will be assigned. You can revise it if you need to, but it must be a unique number.
- Specify "Date" on which the transaction is completed.
- Check "Currency" and "Currency Rate". You can specify whatever currency you need, and
Pymlo would use the latest exchange rate as default. You can specify your actual rate.
- Specify reference document number (Ref #) if this receipt is related to orders, deliveries, invoices, etc.
- Select the account and method with you receive the customer payment.
- Check "Deduct withholding tax" if applicable. On more about withholding tax fields, read here (link).
- Select a customer if applicable. You can click "Add" to create a new customer, or "Edit" to update customer information.
You might have thousands of customers and cannot afford to make detailed receipts one-by-one. You could choose to leave the customer field blank, but we recommend creating a general "walk-in customer" for better tracking.
Fill the items
- Select product to sell.You can click "Add" to create a new product.
- Specify quantity/price of products.
- Click "+ Line Item" to add more items in this quotation. To remove an item, click the "x" icon.
Fill the additional information
- Set discount percent if applicable
- Fill the memo if you have additional notices to your customer.
- Pymlohas calculated total amount for you automatically. Click "Save" to save this receipt.
The new receipt will be automatically marked as paid after created.